Club Z! SAT/ACT Timeline Recommendations & Prep Program
The SAT or ACT is required for admission to all 4 -year colleges
SAT Subject tests: UC colleges no longer require SAT Subject tests for admission however certain programs within the UC system may use SAT Subject tests as a selection criteria. Private and out of state colleges may require specific SAT Subject tests for admission.
2017-18 Test Dates
SAT: 8/26, 10/7, 11/4, 12/2, 3/10, 5/5, 6/2
ACT: 9/9, 10/28, 12/9, 2/10, 4/14, 6/9, 7/14
- PSAT and/or PreACT:: shorter versions of the tests and will estimate a SAT and/or ACT score. Offered at school in the fall.
- Practic SAT or ACT Tests: most schools offer full length practice tests under regular testing conditions. This is a great way to get a benchmark score.
- PSAT: take this in the fall. The results are linked to National Merit Scholarships.
- Practice SAT or ACT Tests: most schools offer full length practice tests under regular testing conditions. This is a great way to get a benchmark score.
- SAT or ACT: Plan for two test dates this school year. Compare the results to the SAT/ACTscore range of your child’s target colleges to determine if they should take the test again in Senior Year.
- SAT Subject Tests: take specific subject test (based on college requirement or recommendation) in the Spring.
- Preparation: 3-4 months in advance of the test date with professional tutoring. Longer if preparing on their own.
- Taking the SAT or ACT this year is only recommended for score improvement. You should not be taking it for the 1st Complete testing by December however some colleges require final test results sooner so check each individual college you are applying to for their deadline.
- Preparation: Compare prior test scores to your target score (based on the test score ranges from the colleges you are applying) to determine the score increase needed. Target prep based on this and section scores.
Club Z! Tutoring Prep Program
- Customized programs ranging from a full prep covering all sections to targeting specific sections.
- Prep covers content knowledge, strategy, test taking tips and pace.
- Determine your child’s target score depending on what schools they are interested in.
- Recommendation of prep hours and focus based on your child’s target goal.
- Specialized tutors for SAT/ACT that are very experienced and have driven positive results.
- Full prepprogram is 24 hours. Recommended for 1st time test takers.
- Shorter or longer programsare available depending on your child’s needs.
- Tutoring sessions are normally 2 hours and homework is assigned between sessions.
- All sessions are one-on-one and in the convenience of your home.
- Online Program is offered in the summer.
Club Z! helped prepare my daughter in both the SAT and ACT exams. Her results came in and she did great! She improved her SAT 150 points from her last sitting and her ACT composite score increased 4 points!! She said she felt more prepared and could concentrate easier than when she took these tests before. The tutor did a great job of preparing her and all the hard work they did together really paid off. My husband and I are very pleased and very happy with her results!Lisa D.
I highly recommend Club Z! Tutoring. We have used Club Z! for help in both math and SAT Prep. Deb did a wonderful job at connecting my children with tutors who were very knowledgeable in the areas my children needed help with. Club Z! helped bring my son’s SAT score up by nearly 200 points so when it was time for my daughter to take the SAT, we went straight to Club Z!. The tutoring staff really care and want to help their students to be successful. It’s not just a job to them. Thank you!Donna R.